Local Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cherry Blossom, R.I.P, The Swan

2 posters

Go down

Cherry Blossom, R.I.P, The Swan Empty Cherry Blossom, R.I.P, The Swan

Post  xray Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:32 am

cherry blossom is some guy who dyes his hair with cherry blossom shoe polish. He is seen randomly around but most notable thing about him is that when it rains the cherry blossom runs down his face!
Submitted by Tom

Heard the other day that cherry blossom died a few years ago. Shine on you crazy diamond
submitted by steve

xray
Admin

https://locallegend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cherry Blossom, R.I.P, The Swan Empty Re: Cherry Blossom, R.I.P, The Swan

I worked at GPT on Edge lane (Now Marconi, soon to be closed) between 1988 and 1998. 'Cherry Blossom' - his real name was Gerry something or other worked there, in the finance department.
Apparently when he was younger he was a bit of a gigolo, always going out with older women, getting them to buy his drinks, sub him a few quid etc.
Anyway he got married, bought a house, on Edge Lane, a little side road next to Kwik Fit, next to the retail park (before the retail park was built).
Then his wife died and he went a bit bonkers. He used to colour his hair with something from a tube - I think it was greasepaint - probably not bootpolish, as the rumour went. His hair receded but he still painted his hairline on his forehead. If you went close to him you could see the chunks of greasepaint in his hair.

I used to work in the IT department and on the early shift at 6am we had to go into the Finance offices to check on the progress of the overnight report runs- a couple of times I remember going into a completely dark office at 6am and turning the lights on to be greeted with a cheery 'Hello' from Cherry Blossom, sitting at his desk, on his own.

At one point a number of people in his office started noticing an odd smell when he was around. It turned out to be gangrene in his toes, caused by the fact that he never washed them. He had to have a number of them aputated.

he used to go straight from work to the Gardeners' Arms, where he would drink until about 7-ish when local youngsters used to start coming in and taking the mickey.

On one occasion, the police were called to his house by the Electricty company because he wasn't using any electricty and they were worried that he was dead. The Police broke the door down to find him sitting in an unlit, unheated home, alone.

My sister went to view the house next door to his with a view to buying it and the lady who owned the house complained that she was having trouble selling because his house was in such a state.

He was made redundant before I left GPT, so I'm guessing it was about 1995-ish and died not long after. How he kept his job for so long, I have no idea. I'm glad I didn't have to work in the same office with him. He certainly was not right in the head.

xray
Admin

Back to top Go down

I remember seeing him walking about years ago. Its a shame he ended up the way he did..but tell you one thing when he was seen he was never forgotten poor soul.

xray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xray Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:33 am

I was walking up Renshaw St, earlier this year and properly did a double take. I saw this guy walking towards me outside the Rapid Paint shop near Newington, looked at him as you do and then, as he walked past me I noticed his forehead was a perfectly straight line of black and the rest of his hair had receded. Now, I'm not contesting the fact that the other posters on here have said that Cherry blossom has died, I've seen him myself years ago and this guy looked nothing like the guy I rememebr, so is he a tribut act to Cherry blossom? his brother? A ghost?
Sugggestions on a postcard please. )

xray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xray Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:33 am

no way! is that the same sherif who walks round in a long black leather cloak with a cowboy hat on, pulls out guns from holsters in his belt and shouts RAAAAAAAR when u pass him, then contines to stare at you till you're out of sight.
I saw him in Warrington town centre..

Crazy a tell ya!

xray
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  davey Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:54 am

xray wrote:I was walking up Renshaw St, earlier this year and properly did a double take. I saw this guy walking towards me outside the Rapid Paint shop near Newington, looked at him as you do and then, as he walked past me I noticed his forehead was a perfectly straight line of black and the rest of his hair had receded. Now, I'm not contesting the fact that the other posters on here have said that Cherry blossom has died, I've seen him myself years ago and this guy looked nothing like the guy I rememebr, so is he a tribut act to Cherry blossom? his brother? A ghost?
Sugggestions on a postcard please. )

Forgot I'd already posted this on the old site. Never seen him since though. And still no suggestions as to who he is.

davey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum