Local Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fat Brian of the Manor

Go down

Fat Brian of the Manor Empty Fat Brian of the Manor

Post  davey Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:05 am

In and around 1992, I came across this bloke while sitting on the steps of St Luke's church at the top of Bold St. I was sat with my ex-girlfriend and her sister at about 12.30 at night. This huge guy walks up to us and says to me, "I wanna word with you. You stole something from me." Needless to say I got a bit worried because of his size. He then produces a flower from a pocket and says, "You stole my rose" and then he sang a song to the 2 girls. He'd recognise me on several occasions after that, I had long hair at the time, as did he and he'd come up behind me in the Black Horse & Rainbow, grab my hair and sing, "Long hair is magic, short hair is tragic." One time he sneaked up on me and pulled his jumper over my head and pulled my head into his big fat stomach. He used to beg too, money for a pastie and the like.
The second to last time I saw him, he was at the junction of Hope St and Hardman St, directing traffic. He clocked me in the car I was in and waved, so I waved back.
The last time I saw him he was chasing a bus along Islington in about 1993.

Fat Brian, ladies and gentlemen.

davey

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum