Local Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Witch, Chorlton

2 posters

Go down

The Witch, Chorlton Empty The Witch, Chorlton

Post  xray Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:21 am

Until recently the witch would prowl the Wilbraham Road area of Chorlton saying "Scuse me love". Locally she was considered a rather sad reflection of the modern world, until it emerged she was a rather unsavoury HIV positive Heroin addict who had a tendency to threaten people with needles. She will be missed

xray
Admin

https://locallegend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Witch, Chorlton Empty Re: The Witch, Chorlton

Post  xray Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:22 am

I was about to start a thread on this person(well, I think she's the same)

Horrible woman. Looked really old and decrepit, definitely a druggie. Always walked around with her mouth gaping open and a hat covering her hair. Stank of piss.

Was always hassling people. I remember her getting into an arguement with a member of my family when I was about 6. Once saw her near Sandy Lane too.

A mate of mine told me she was found dead on a disused train track somewhere in South Manc, is this true?

xray
Admin

https://locallegend.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  minona Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 am

Is she the one who always wore a headscalf, had a hooked nose (and 'punch' chin) and hung around with her son (I presume) who looked just like her? If so, I think she lived in a house in Whalley Range off Clarendon Road. I've not seen her for years, so I presume she died. She must have been very old, because there are pensioners in Chorlton who remember her "always being an old women".

minona

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down